- 1/2 cup shallots- minced
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red jalapeno pepper- seeded and minced
- 2 cups or 1 pound fresh cherries- pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup Lost River Nebbiolo
- 1 ½ - 2 pounds of pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint- minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest- minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley- minced
Mix cherry preserves, vinegar and 2 tablespoons gremolata in a medium bowl. Set aside 1/4 cup of preserves (without cherry chunks) and reserve this mixture for glaze.
Heat olive oil over medium heat; add shallots and red chili pepper, sauté 1 minute. Add fresh cherries, wine and reserved preserves mixture. Simmer sauce until slightly thick, about 5 minutes.
Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; brush with reserved glaze. Cook over medium hot grill, turning and basting with glaze, until brown and a thermometer inserted into thickest part of pork registers 145°F, about 20 minutes total. Transfer pork to a platter. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing into ½ inch pieces. Rewarm reserved sauce and serve over sliced pork. Garnish with remaining gremolata and serve with a Lost River Nebbiolo.